Friday, September 19, 2014

3 Life Changing Events That May Change Your Insurance Needs

Your life insurance coverage should be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure you have adequate coverage, but a major life change is a particularly important time to assess your life insurance needs. Here are three life events when you should review your life insurance policy:

1) A change in family situation: Did you get married, divorced, have a baby, adopt children, or change jobs? Any of these life events are likely to change the amount of life insurance coverage you need.

2) An upward change in your income: A big promotion or a raise may be a good reason to review your coverage. Life insurance is often purchased to replace the income of the breadwinner in a family. If your income increases, you may need to review the face value (the amount paid to beneficiaries at the policyholder's death) of your life insurance policy.

3) Retirement: If retirement is just around the corner, it may be time to assess your life insurance policy. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), life insurance can keep surviving spouses from receiving reduced Social Security benefits. For example, those who begin collecting Social Security survivors benefits at age 60, rather than at the full-benefit age of 66 or 67, receive a permanently reduced Social 

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Small Business Spotlight - Senator Ross Visits NFS

Senator Richard J. Ross stopped by NFS - Northeast Financial Strategies Inc this week to visit with us. Check out his official website for the article.

Life Happens

No one knows what the future holds. Hopefully, only good things are in store for you.

But realistically, bad things will happen too.

Even if you don’t consider yourself a cautious person, you take little steps every day to improve the odds that good things will happen and guard against the possibility of bad things happening.

You wear seat belts.

You lock your doors when you leave home.

You try to eat well and exercise.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Life Insurance: Why Do I Need It? What Does It Do?

So, why do you need life insurance?

What often comes to mind when thinking about life insurance is that you can use it to pay final expenses. You've seen the commercials: Funeral expenses, burial costs and medical bills can add up to a hefty amount. The last thing you want is for your loved ones to shoulder this extra burden. Life insurance can be used to plan for these final expenses. Permanent life insurance is available in various amounts, so you can pick a death benefit that meets your needs.

But there are other considerations to keep in mind. You can use life insurance …

As mortgage protection. Whether you live by yourself, with a spouse or significant other, you may want to buy life insurance as mortgage protection. Think about it: You don’t want the person you live with to be homeless if you die unexpectedly, do you? Term life insurance can be used to pay off an outstanding mortgage balance. Just select a term that matches the length of your mortgage payment period. Some companies even offer decreasing term insurance, which means the death benefit decreases along with your mortgage balance.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

NFS Remembers 9/11/01

September 11th, 2001 changed the lives of many. Never forget that terrible day when we lost over 3000 of our family and friends in the tragic events.

never forget, northeast financial strategies, remember 911, september 11 2001, wrentham remembers, 

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Why People Buy Life Insurance

If you are asking yourself why you should buy life insurance, here are some reasons why some of our other
clients have bought life insurance....

For the Death Benefit:

  • To replace earning power at death
  • To pay for cash needs that arise at death

As a Disciplined Savings Program*:

  • To help pay for educational costs
  • To supplement retirement income
  • To take advantage of business opportunities
  • For Financial Emergencies

Because of the Risk of Waiting:

Monday, September 8, 2014

Wrentham Day Winners!!

Wrentham Day 2014 was a HOT, HOT, HOT day and Northeast Financial Strategies Inc was excited to take part!

In addition to meeting lots of new people and seeing our old friends, we gave out nearly 400 Wrentham T-Shirts, put temporary tattoos on kids of all ages and had a FREE Raffle for some great prizes from lots of local businesses! We thank them all for their support and generosity!!

Here is the listing of the raffle winners:

FREE Income Tax Preparation from NFS
Kim Buckman of Wrentham

$50 Gift Certificate to Cafe Assisi
Tracy Sylven of Wrentham

$50 Gift Certificate to Commonwealth BBQ
Dennis Monty of Wrentham

30 Minute Massage, Cranialsacral or Reiki at Be Well Therapeutics
Bonnie Manning of Wrentham

$10 Gift Certificate to Town Pizza Wrentham
Lauren Torrey of Wrentham

$50 Gift Certificate to Village Ski & Snowboard
Steve LeBlanc of Wrentham

Free Oil Change at Bill's Automotive
Jeannie Riedel of Wrentham
Daniel Dow of Plainville
Jolene Beauregard of Wrentham

$25 Gift Certificate to Dance & Beyond
Rachael Anderson of Wrentham

$10 Gift Certificate to Looking Glass Cafe
Melissa Booth of Wrentham
Patricia Meador of Wrentham
Mike Kehrmeyer of Wrentham
Liz Pruell of Wrentham

$25 Gift Certificate to The Music Box
Josh Person of Wrentham

$25 Gift Certificate James' Breakfast & More
Tanya Vishnevsky of Wrentham
Cyndi Mulvey of Franklin

If you see your name on this list, please come into the office and claim your prize. You should also receive a message from us.

Callie & Jimbo

Callie loves Wrentham Day

Team Wrentham T-Shirt

Our Booth

2014 Raffle Prize Board

A Player from Team NFS in Wrentham Youth Soccer stopped by
wrentham bookkeeping, wrentham day, wrentham day 2014, wrentham financial planning, wrentham insurance, wrentham payroll, wrentham quickbooks, wrentham tax, wrentham tax prep, 

Friday, September 5, 2014

Wrentham Day 2014!!!

Come Join NFS - Northeast Financial Strategies Inc. at Wrentham Day 2014 on Saturday September 6th!!

We will be setting up at Wrentham Day and have lots of fun for everyone...

FREE Wrentham T-Shirts while they last
FREE Temporary Tattoos for the kids
FREE Raffle including items like FREE Restaurant Gift Certificates, FREE Oil Changes, FREE Dance Classes, even FREE Income Tax Preparation!!

Everything at our booth is FREE and after you stop by to visit us, checkout the rest of Wrentham Day on the Town Common!

Here is a listing of all the FREE Prizes in our Raffle this year....

wrentham bookkeeping, wrentham day, wrentham financial planning, wrentham insurance, wrentham payroll, wrentham quickbooks, wrentham tax, wrentham tax prep, wrentham day 2014,