Imagine there is a bank which credits your account with $86,400 each morning, carries over no cash balance from day to day, and every evening cancels whatever amount you have failed to use during the day.
What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course!
Well, everyone has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost whatever time you have failed to use to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft.
Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it erases the records of that day. If you fail to spend the day's deposits wisely, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against the "tomorrow."
You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success! The clock is running. Make the most of today
- To realize the value of ONE YEAR, ask the student who has failed his exam.
- To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask the mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
- To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
- To realize the value of ONE DAY, ask the daily wage laborer who has ten kids to feed.
- To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet again.
- To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask the person who has just missed the train.
- To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask the person who has survived an accident.
- To realize the value of a MILLI-SECOND, ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
Please call our office if we can be of service.
To view the complete NFS Retirement Readings Newsletter for June 2012, click here.