switch to e-file. Last year almost 150 million taxpayers filed their taxes electronically. They chose to e-file because it’s the fastest and safest way to file.
Here are the top six reasons why you should file electronically in 2017:
- Accurate and Easy. IRS e-file is the best way to file an accurate tax return. The tax software helps you avoid mistakes by doing the math for you. It guides you through each section of your tax return. It is much easier than doing your taxes by hand and mailing paper tax forms.
- Safe and Secure. IRS e-file meets strict security guidelines. It uses modern encryption technology to protect tax returns. The IRS has processed more than 1.5 billion e-filed tax returns to date. This year, the IRS is working with states and tax industry leaders to protect your tax return from identity theft refund fraud. This new effort has put strong new safeguards in place to make tax filing safer than ever before.
- Convenient and Often Free. You can ask your tax preparer to e-file your tax return. Most paid preparers are required to file their clients’ returns electronically.
- Faster Refunds. In most cases, e-file helps get your refund faster. That’s because there is nothing to mail and your tax return is virtually mistake-free. The fastest way to get your refund is to combine e-file with direct deposit into your bank account. The IRS issues more than nine out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days.
- Health Care Tax Reporting. IRS e-file can help with tax provisions of the health care law. The software will walk you through the lines on the tax forms that relate to the Affordable Care Act.
- Payment Options. If you owe taxes, you can e-file early and set up an automatic payment on any day until the April 18 deadline. You can pay electronically from your bank account with IRS Direct Pay. You also have many other options to pay, including electronic funds withdrawal or payment by debit or credit card. Visit IRS.gov/payments for details.
Each and every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. These are your Taxpayer Bill of Rights. Explore your rights and our obligations to protect them on IRS.gov.
Of course, here at Northeast Financial Strategies we offer FREE E-File with every eligible return on both Federal and State returns. Contact our office for help today!
Wrentham, Norfolk, Plainville, Franklin, Walpole, Foxboro, income tax, tax calculator, hr, irs forms, Jackson Hewitt, tax, tax act, tax return, tax brackets, income tax return, tax refund, taxes, accountant, h&r, tax return calculator, tax forms, free tax filing, federal income tax, federal tax forms, federal tax return, tax online, tax returns, online tax return, irs e file, tax return status, file taxes online, tax preparation, income tax return online, instant tax services, accountants, income tax filing, income tax forms, federal tax, estimate tax return, taxes online, online tax filing, tax services, federal taxes, what is income tax, tax filing, tax questions, online tax, e filing income tax, irs free file, free tax preparation, filing taxes, file taxes, state taxes, tax accountant, h and r, tax planning, free tax return, free federal tax filing, online taxes, free state tax filing, free online tax filing, federal income tax forms, tax help, free tax, how to file taxes, tax preparer, tax consultant, free taxes, income tax returns, complete tax, federal tax forms, free taxes online, income taxes, income tax return efiling, free efile, h&r, tax advisor, tax advice, best accountant in Wrentham, best financial planner in Wrentham, best place to do taxes in wrentham, wrentham tax, wrentham tax planner, wrentham tax prep, wrentham income, wrentham income tax, wrentham accountant, wrentham accounting,